MedSpas, also known as medical spas, are facilities that offer cosmetic and aesthetic treatments under the supervision of a licensed healthcare professional, such as a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant. These treatments tend to be minimally invasive–think “things you can get on your lunch break”–instead of more intense procedures. In this blog we'll give you all the information you need about what MedSpas offer, as well as how to find and book appointments at a MedSpa near you.
What does a MedSpa offer?
The treatments available at MedSpas include the following:
- Chemical peels
- Lasers and radiofrequency treatments
- Microneedling and related treatments (like Morpheus8)
- Injectables such as Botox and fillers
- Laser hair removal
- Non-surgical body contouring
Are MedSpas safe?
Generally speaking, yes, MedSpas are safe. Here are some green flags to look for:
- Qualified Staff: A reputable MedSpa should have licensed medical professionals on staff who are trained in the specific treatments and procedures being offered. These professionals should be able to provide you with a consultation before treatment to evaluate your medical history, discuss any concerns you may have, and help you choose the right treatment for your unique needs.
- Clean and Sterile Environment: MedSpas should maintain a clean and sterile environment to prevent the spread of infections. This includes using disposable equipment, sterilizing reusable equipment, and regularly cleaning the treatment rooms.
- High-Quality Products: MedSpas should use high-quality products that are FDA-approved for the specific treatment being provided. This includes injectables, lasers, and other equipment used in the procedures.
- Clear Communication: The MedSpa should provide clear communication with the patient about the risks and benefits of the treatment, as well as any potential side effects or complications. Patients should also be given clear instructions on how to prepare for and care for themselves after the treatment.
- Follow-up Care: A reputable MedSpa should provide follow-up care to ensure the patient's safety and satisfaction with the treatment.
What is the best MedSpa near me?
If you’re thinking: how the heck am I supposed to screen for all five of those things you just talked about?! Fear not! At Upkeep, we’re passionate about making it stress-free for you to get MedSpa treatments. We’ve made it easy to find the best MedSpa near you because we extensively vet all our MedSpa partners. We have a checklist that’s 70 points long for all the MedSpas we partner with in our app. When you book MedSpa treatments through the Upkeep app, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands, because we’ve done the research for you already.
How do I find a MedSpa near me open on Saturday?
You can search for availability by date in the Upkeep app. Many MedSpas now offer appointments on Saturday, if your workweek is just too busy to squeeze in an appointment–or if your boss is beginning to suspect that your “doctor’s appointments” aren’t always what they seem. (It’s not technically a lie–you are going to visit a doctor!)
If you’re looking for an appointment at a MedSpa near you, the Upkeep app is the simplest, easiest, and fastest way to get one. Download it now to discover the best MedSpas in your area!